2.27.2006

The Wall


Today is sound off day. After a weekend with friends, I’m catching up on the news and responding.

My latest scream goes out to the US – Mexican Wall. This is absurd. The wall will not change the number of undocumented immigrants entering the US. There will always be ways to get into the US without documents.

What about labor? The US could not function without it’s undocumented immigrants.

The thought that people need papers to travel to areas outside of a certain border is absurd. Borders are artificial lines humans have been constructed to make the preschool saying, “you’re not my friend” law. I don’t like you, you can’t come where I am. We call it national security. Doesn't this make us more unsecure? We are more restricted than ants, owls, lizards and lions. Is anyone else tired of living in the cage of borders?

No comments: