10.13.2005

Fifth Row Center and Payless Shoes


My grandma and I have tickets (5th row!) for the last performance of Carmen at the Metropolitan Opera (1 of the top 3 opera houses in the world). If that isn’t cool enough, my aunt is in the performance! Yeah, Grandma could be buying both of our plane tickets for the amount she is spending to get us into the performance, but this is a lifelong dream for Tina. She always said she’d ‘make it’ and Grandma always said she’d go see her when she did. I get to tag along since this is my first Christmas away from home, so being with Tina and Grandma the weekend before will make it much easier. Plus, NYC at Christmas is just plain amazing. When I went to visit Tina at Christmas a few years ago we had a blast going shopping and looking at the store windows. The entire city is festive and alive. It seems crazy to be excited over Christmas when this is the beginning of October, but this is freakin’ awesome!

When Grandma called yesterday to tell me we have tickets she said, “3 nights in a Manhattan hotel and your Carmen ticket, Merry Christmas!” So, that leaves me to find a plane ticket and the proper attire. It just so happens I bought a dress for two upcoming weddings that will work well for this event, but I don’t have shoes. The only ones I can afford now are at Payless. I wonder, has anyone has ever sat in the fifth row of the Metropolitan Opera in Payless shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe I didn't see your update until now but am glad to know that you used your time wisely this afternoon. :) I'm watching you! He he, just kidding. Anyway, I better get to bed now since I said I was going an hour ago. Love ya.

Amber said...

I haven't read your blog in a while. Congrats to Tina and have fun!