7.18.2005

Wedding Drama

Tonight I called my dressmaker to arrange the final fitting. She informed me that this would be the last wedding dress she will make as my dress is the biggest puzzle she’s put together. During the conversation she mentioned that she’ll be at church on July 31st to hear me preach. I asked her how she found out I was preaching. Apparently, Pastor Ray was going over his schedule and mentioned my filling the pulpit. She mentioned concern about his scheduling two weddings within 24 hours of each other, one in SD and the other an hour and a half from his home in Dayton, Ohio. I explained that I called to let him know I would be married in SD and thought that he wouldn’t be able to attend as I couldn’t begin to pay travel expenses. He received approval from the council to go to SD and I the words of Penny, ”she’s one of ours, get out there!”

No comments: