7.14.2005

Relaxing and Writing

In 21 hours my 12 pager on the Matrix is due. However, I feel as though I need to do some preliminary writing to get ‘in the mood’. In preparation for sitting down to write, I turned on study music (Classical because I can’t find my Luciano Pavarotti CD) and lit candles. It’s amazing how these two changes in a room can change the way I think and feel. My mind is letting go of the busyness of my day and switching into academic mode. During the pre-VBS meeting today, Jeri told me that Bethel will have an awesome baptismal font. I ask if it had 8 sides and she responded, ‘why?’ I couldn’t think of why! Of the new creation of the 8th day or the 8th day for circumcision with all it’s newness. It was good to be at Bethel preparing for VBS as a teacher. It brought back memories of my last summer madness in Milwaukee – 100 people each Wednesday, new volunteers from the suburbs each week and a fieldtrips on 5 Saturdays. It’s good to teach and not direct! Well, my study food/lunch for tomorrow/whatever has just arrived – small pizza, stromboli and a sub (I had a coupon to get it all free – I love ordering piles of food!).

No comments: