7.18.2005

Party Animal

Since we do not know when the partying Messiah will return I thought I would post my plans for feeding Him upon His return. I do this hoping others will leave comments creating a forum of sorts. I also do this with only past accounts of His partying. My request to readers, please read this post and comment with your thoughts and ideas on what Jesus would need from a party planner.

For my research, I used BibleWorks, Kohlenberger’s Concordance and Lexicon as well as the New Oxford Annotated Bible. The following does not contain Greek references as not all readers have training in biblical Greek.
_______________________________________

A cautious beginning, Jesus isn’t against breaking tradition. His tradition of partying is not a tradition I would expect Him to uphold. His record of overturning the expected is to be expected. See Matthew 15:1-20.

If Jesus continues with patterns found in the Gospels, we can expect a glutton and drunkard who eats with tax collectors, Pharisees and sinners. See Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:34, 36.

Jesus will perform miracles at unexpected times and in unlikely ways. He is willing to turn water into wine for party guests who are already drunk. See John 2:1-11.

The most important consumption made by Christ was the Last Supper. This was the Passover meal and I will anticipate a traditional Passover meal as He is a Jew. In opposition to the way we Protestant Christians remember this event, I would make provisions for much to be eaten, more than a sip of wine and a pinch of bread for those present. See Mark 14, Matthew 26, Luke 22 and John 13.
____________________________________

This is not a comprehensive list. Jesus often talks about eating in parables. I have focused on actual eating. In order to be ready for the coming Messiah I need your comments!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Perhaps I should learn to enjoy more wines and get a recipe for matzoh (spelling?) ball soup.
Amber

Amber said...

Perhaps I should learn to enjoy more wines and get a recipe for matzoh (spelling?) ball soup.
Amber