7.19.2005

The Gynecologist and The Ex

Mom and I had planned a day at the Dr’s, lunch and Aaron’s birthday/last minute wedding shopping. Well, the title does tell all, when we walked into the Dr’s office, and I went to the window to get the necessary paperwork. I sat down and noticed there was a guy reading a magazine in the corner. Immediately I realized it was Jason, the guy I dated for two years in high school. On the form I was filling out one question asked if I have ever had surgery. I asked Mom, “how do you spell’ tonsil’ because I didn’t have spell check.” He burst out laughing so hard he cried – I’ve never been able to spell. That began an hour-long conversation between him, Mom and I. After a few minutes, his girlfriend walked out and just stood beside him and they called me back shortly after her entrance. So, I saw the Doc and when I walked out, Mom and Jason were still talking!

Okay, how weird is it to run into your ex in this situation, but walking out after being in to see the Doc and they’re still sitting there talking is just strange. It was very bizarre that the girl didn’t say one word. She wasn’t upset about the never-ending conversation; she just sat quietly. Our families were close and we were all swapping updates. Mom said that we had a new little one in the family (meaning Katelynn) and he looked at me with disbelief thinking she was mine. I wonder if a baby is the reason they were there.

At one point Mom got him good. He was talking about working on cars and Mom said, “oh you must’ve gotten a lot better.” He looked at me with a shocked look and then we exploded into laughter and I responded with an, “ouch, Mom.” It was an odd meeting, but good too.

It’s so weird to think about how my life would be different if we were still together. His greatest life achievement is winning a feature race at Columbus Motor Speedway and he works at KFC (not that there's anything wrong with KFC but he’s) without any plans for college or another job.

Today I really learned the meaning behind the country song, “Unanswered Prayers.” “As we walked away I looked at ‘my mom’ then and there I thanked the Lord for the gifts in my life….I guess the Lord knows what He’s doing after all.” Thank the Lord for Aaron, the love of my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing when I read the title of your blog today. Only you Chris, only you. It's one of those events that happen in your life that no one in a thousand years could have imagined! Crazy.