9.19.2005

Plans and Soul Food


Yesterday after worship Lori and I decided to attempt to work on assignments while we ate lunch outside at a restaurant that has free wireless access. We found out that one of our favorite places, Old Chicago, meets all requirements. We played on the Internet and chatted through an extended lunch and then went to see March of the Penguins. According to Aaron, I saw the trailer and wanted to see it for the penguins and because Morgan Freeman is the narrator. The film was amazing National Geographic documentary on penguin mating habits. The land itself is beautiful and constantly being reformed with each passing winter. A must-see for a chance to get away from Hollywood Blockbusters and a time to relax and enjoy a part of nature I will probably never see. Nature, that brings me to the plans. While chatting last night Lori and I discovered that seminary students can go to Holden Village free! Holden is a Lutheran camp in the Cascade Mountains. Plans are in the works for a January trip with Lori, Tyler (Lori’s husband to be), Aaron and I. I’ve wanted to go to Holden for some time now, and this seems like the perfect time to go. The only issue is driving through Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana and Washington in the end of January. To say the least, it’ll be an adventure we’ll never forget. Life is so incredible when you have wonderful friends to share it with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, those three cute little penguins. It's like you, me and dad! Looking forward to planning more for the Holden trip. Ditto to you on the last sentence.