4.04.2006

Thirty Hours of Anxiety, Joy and Life

Background:
- On Monday, internship placements came out.
- According to the Confessions syllabus, oral exams over the Small Catechism (roughly 3,000 words) and Augsburg Confession (28 subject headings and a summary sentence) is to be completed by April 5.
- Aaron and I decided Sunday afternoon to spend an extra night in Aberdeen with Mike and Perry.

Monday

9:00
- I’m driving and Aaron is orally teaching me petition one of the Lord’s Prayer. The only parts I have memorized are the 10 Commandments and the explainations of the Apostle's Creed.

Noon
- Aaron and I are still driving toward the cities and Lori calls to tell us that, yes, we are going to be in South Dakota for internship.

4:00
- Mom calls and leaves a voice mail informing us that Tina will be in Ohio over Easter (we’ll be in Ohio too).

8:00
- Aaron and I drive up the hill so that I can signup for an exam time. I find out that Tuesday is the last day to take the exam. Instead of going to the “Internship Celebration or Sorrow Drowning” gathering at the local pub, we go home so I can study like mad. If I can’t pass the exam Tuesday I fail the course!

11:30
- I can’t cram another thing in my head so it’s off to get some ZZZ’s.

Tuesday

8:05
- I wake up freaked out about the exam and study for an hour.

10:45
- I take the exam and pass! Afterward I go to the grocery and buy frozen pizza to celebrate – I NEVER buy frozen pizza.

Noon
- Aaron comes home and we celebrate my triumph over the Small Catechism and Augsburg Confessions with Mario Cart, pizza and beer.

2:00
- Aaron goes to work and I curl up on the couch, turn on Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and fall asleep 10 minutes later. Is there any better movie to fall asleep to?

6:45
- Prophets class begins with Prof. Fretheim dropping his papers followed by an announcement that he has to get his wife from the airport at 9:30. So, class will get out 20 minutes early.

Right now I’m on cloud 9. In a week from tomorrow, we’ll be in Ohio. Next year we’ll be in South Dakota (which means I can do my Chaplin internship next summer which means our senior year I’ll just take classes AND we can go to the Netherlands in August 2007 to visit Lori). I'm so excited that I just can't hide it!

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Chris,
you are amazing! I miss having you close by to calm me down and help me see what is important in life!
Karen