4.29.2006

Open Letter to My Friends with Meth Labs

Dear Friends,

Will you please stop using OTC drugs like Claritin D to make your meth? Tonight I went to Target to get a few items for the week. I stepped up to the pharmacy counter and asked for two boxes of non-drowsy 24- hour Claritin D for Aaron and I. The pharmacist politely informed me that only one box may be purchased at a time. I thought, okay, that'’s fine, I'’ll come back in a five days. I handed over my drivers license and the pharmacist respectfully asks, "Have you bought these within the past month?" I said that I had. Then she informed me that I may only purchase one box per month. I wanted to scream, "one box per month? There are only 10 days worth in a box! I'm sorry, but maybe you haven't heard ,it's spring and allergy/sinus problems last longer than 10 days a month! I wish they didn't, but they do, give me my medicine! Oh, by the way, the system'’s screwed I purchased one box Monday morning and another Tuesday because I forgot to take a pill before I went to work. So why can't get around the system again?"

This letter goes out to my friends who make it impossible for Aaron and I to legally feel okay during the spring. Thanks to you, I had to research pseudoephedrine laws for Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio. This weekend Aaron and I will be traveling to Susan and Judy's wedding in Wisconsin and can purchase Claritin D there, but only one package each. My research informed me that Ohio will have the same restrictions beginning May 17. So, I called Mom. By next Monday, we'll have a month'’s supply of the Claritin D. Friends, please, stop the insanity, I want to be able to buy 30 days worth of Claritin D in 30 days, not 90!

Sincerely,
Springtime Allergy/Sinus Sufferer

No comments: