6.21.2005

How long is a year?

While talking on the long drive Sunday the radio played a few songs and ask which year they came out ’92’, ‘93’ or ‘94’. Aaron and I discussed what happened for us those years and then continued the drive. Today when I clicked on the Lutheran Volunteer Corps homepage I was reminded of last year as my house’s commissioning photo popped up. Last year at this time, I was living in Milwaukee getting into my summer of running youth programs for 40-100. I knew I was Luther bound, but I also thought that I would be pursuing my Masters of Social Work at Augsburg College. My step-bro, Jack, just got custody of his 3-year-old daughter Katelynn. My grandparents announced their divorce in July. In August, I make it to Ohio for the first time in over 6 months before trekking to St. Paul. Once in St. Paul school took over my life. In November, I realize my Greek tutor would make an awesome boyfriend. Also I November, I made the drive from Minnesota to Georgia to protest the School of the Americas and my grandparents divorce was final. Christmas was fun as 6/7 households in my family lost power due to the ice storm. In January, grandpa remarried while grandma and I were at Daytona Beach, FL. February Aaron ask me to marry him and we made plans to meet each others families before it could be ‘official.’ Over Easter, he traveled to Ohio with me and the next weekend I made it to South Dakota for the first time in my life. April 6th we heard back from his pastor that yes, August 6th works as a wedding date in Aberdeen, SD. May I moved back to Ohio with Aaron’s help. We were home in time for me to keep my three-year-old promise to Chad (my lil bro) to go to the midnight opening showing of Star Wars III at the coolest theater in Columbus. The next Sunday Aaron and I became Katelynn’s Godparents. That day Aaron flew to SD and I left for another beach trip, this time with Mom and Phyllis as well as grandma and I. Now I’ve landed in a Burger King in Sioux Falls, SD visiting Aaron. Whew (in the word of Grandma).