3.06.2006

Bathroom Bugs


One night, I entered the bathroom. My intentions were to brush my teeth when - lo and behold - a ladybug had entered the cabinet behind our mirror. Yes, a ladybug was in the bathroom snuggled in beside my toothpaste. Instead of killing it myself, I quickly remembered why I married Aaron. He has a gift for killing ladybugs and their cousins.

Story two – one year earlier: One early morning (think 4am) we were at a Shalom Hill Farm, a retreat center in rural Minnesota. The place where we were staying had an Asian Beetle infestation. So, Aaron and I were fast asleep when Aaron jumped out of bed and began shaking his head and making scary noises. Somehow, the light came on and he managed to say, “there’s an Asian beetle in my ear!” It took me a good minute or two to wake up enough to laugh, then another 3 minutes to settle down enough to help. We spent the next 20 minutes sticking things (pen caps, paper clips and finally tweezers) in his ear trying to get it out. That morning he stomped the beetle so many times you’ve thought he was trying to stomp it to the bedrock below.

Henceforth he shall be known as Aaron the Lady Bug/Asian Beetle Slayer.

Not that I don’t value Aaron’s work, but to see a real killer in action check out what Wesley killed in his bathroom at
Wesley's Bathroom Kill.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is such a funny story about Aaron and the Asian Beetle in his ear! LOL