3.17.2006

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to South Dakota We Go

This evening we had our last internship orientation meeting. After the session, Aaron and I went to talk to our relater about our preference to be in Sioux Falls and Colton, South Dakota for the coming year. She was super excited and told us in a quiet tone, “you know, married couples are placed first.” Translation, “you two are going to South Dakota for internship.” This excited me for a number of reasons.

1.I’ll be at Augustana College
a.Colleges have nice breaks
b.Internship will be 9 months instead of 12

2.Summer of 2007 I can do my CPE (aka Clinical Pastoral Education or chaplin)

3.We’ll be in South Dakota in a city with people we know and family an hour and a half away

Aaron and I will make the move to Presho, South Dakota this summer to take over for a pastor on sabbatical. Aaron is responsible for the 3 point perish and I’ll be taking online classes, enjoying the nearby lake and volunteering a few days in Pierre. Pluses here, again, close to family, and I’ll also be free to travel to Ohio for my Grandma’s 90th birthday in the beginning of August.

(Teresa, I’m looking forward to your call to express your excitement!)

No comments: