12.14.2005

Warm clothes...

“Pack lots of warm clothing because when you walk a few blocks it feels really cold, and we’ll be doing a lot of walking since taxis will be hard to get with the possible transit strike.” Tina left this message on my voice mail this evening. In 48 hours, I will be landing at LaGuardia in NYC. According to the New York Times, in 30 hours over 33,000 transit workers might be striking.

It’s illegal for the transportation union to strike, but they’re threatening a 12:01 am walk-out Friday morning. This could make our trip to NYC an interesting one. The last time I visited Tina I left the day the strike was set to start. She arranged for a car to take me to the airport from her apartment, but the strike never happened. I wonder if this year is my lucky year. Here’s to hoping transit workers are working this weekend!

1 comment:

Amber said...

i didn't realize you'd be there during the strike. How was it?