5.09.2007

DC & NYC

Yesterday I found out that I’ve been awarded two scholarships for the Bread for the World and Sojourner’s conferences in DC this June! After internship ends it’s travel time again. May 23 – June 1 we’ll be in Ohio. On June 2 I leave for the Sojo (faith, values and poverty) conference with guests Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards, Jim Wallis, Brian McLaren, Shane Claiborne and Derek Webb. This conference ends on the 6th so what’s a girl to do for 3 nights? Since DC is so expensive with housing and food costs it is cheaper to hop on a train to visit Tina in NYC for a few nights than stay in DC. Once I get to NYC Tina will take care of me like the awesome aunt that she is. After visiting NYC it’s back to DC for the Bread for the World conference June 9 – 12. This conference is focused on eradicating hunger at home and abroad. My June just went from a relaxing month off to an east coast tour!

1 comment:

Mel said...

yeah chris! I'm so happy for you!