5.13.2006

Saturday Night Nerd

I’m at home supposedly writing my pastoral care final. Obviously, it’s time for a break. I have the perfect finals writing setup – many many candles and Pavarotti belting out hits like Nessun Dorma. Things are going rather quickly for Aaron and I - classes end Tuesday! We’re in the middle of writing finals (no objective tests this time, yeah) and trying to spend as much time with friends as possible. This morning we joined 8 friends for brunch. At an auction we (10 Luther students) bought brunch made and served by three of our favorite professors. Tonight it’s exorcism movie night, I’m going to a friend’s for the second movie, The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Last night was canasta night with Wicked, Evita and Phantom of the Opera (yes, we’re in love with Andrew Lloyd Webber) blaring in the dorms. Thursday was Lori’s birthday - see the pictures below! Tomorrow has been set aside as a day of grief as West Wing ends. We’re hosting a little wake for our mourning friends. Wednesday I met my internship pastor, he seems awesome. I’m also gearing up for a fight with an assistant to the bishop in Ohio. According to my friendly Luther staff, "it’ll all blow over", but right now my internship is a ‘no go’ from my synod’s eyes. Oh the joys of seminary.

No comments: