10.28.2007

And We're Back

Aaron and I are back in Ohio getting ready to begin the second half of the fall semester. I’m relieved to be done with one course and following the choir concert this Friday I’ll be done with two classes. My week will have 8 extra hours!

I’m quite excited for the concert on Friday, if you’re in Columbus you should check it out at Trinity at 8p. Over 60 voices in the seminary choir will be joined with soloists and chamber orchestra to perform Haydn’s Paukenmesse or Mass in Time of War. Yes, this is a shameless plug.

The journey to the upper Midwest and Great Plains was rejuvenating. I wish I could say restful, but driving over 2,300 miles and sleeping in 7 different places in 8 nights is hardly a restful week. Highlights of the week include Parry and Melissa’s wedding and meeting baby Ava (see pictures in blogs below). And of course it was great to reconnect with family and friends in the region. We drove home yesterday so that we could be back for Reformation worship today. For the first time I felt like I was leaving home to go home. It sounds weird, but I now realize I have the privilege of many homes. South Dakota feels like home, Minnesota friends feel like home and Ohio feels like home. I am blessed.

No comments: